Ever heard of the saying “Don’t compare Blue Elephants to Orange Elephants if you like both of the colors equally?”
But it fits really well in this situation.
Now right I need to choose either a blue elephant, or an orange one.
And I like both of the colors equally.
Granted one is of the cools, and one is of the warm color spectrum so they cannot be any more opposite.
It’s still incredibly difficult to determine which one will be best for me.
So, I decided to create this blog post of comparing and contrasting of the elephants.
The Orange elephant (Australia) VS The Blue Elephant (Taiwan)
(BTW how crazy is it that I have to CHOOSE WHICH COUNTRY TO LIVE IN?)
Okay, now I need to start with the real reason why I wanted to be a foreign exchange student in the first place.
It was to see and experience a completely different culture
1. Has a super laid-back attitude
2. People dress slightly different
3. Like living in vacation for a year
4. Won’t have a lot of frustrating “We have it in America but not here” situations when I get homesick
5. Get to scuba dive and snorkel anytime I have the money!
6. Would much rather be influenced by the fashion of Australia than of Taiwan
1. Not really a big difference in culture
2. Not really a big difference in food choices
3. Not really a big difference in schooling
4. Speak the same language as me
5. Live in a super small town
6. Like living in vacation for a year (Again. I am not going to go to a country to be on vacation but to learn cultural immersion)
7. Won’t have a lot of frustrating “We have it in America but not here” (I’m here for cultural differences for goodness sakes not for a nice slight change)
8. Price of living there is MUCH much higher
1. Has a completely different culture
2. Always going to have someone staring at me because i’m white and therefore totally different (I’d be famous! Without the money and fame part)
3. I’d be living in a super huge city
4. Language of the country is Chinese, (lots of people can speak english too!) So I would learn to be partially bilingual!
5. Tons of super crazy foods to try
6. Price of living there is MUCH MUCH lower
1. Always gonna be super humid
2. Always going to have someone staring at me because i’m white and therefore totally different. (gotta admit it’s kind of creepy)
3. Much bigger chance in finding out I’m allergic to something
4. SUPER easy to gain weight because people will NOT STOP giving you food.
5. Would much rather be influenced by the fashion in Australia than in Taiwan
So this has been going through my mind the past week or so.
This whole comparing and contrasting is exhausting! but a very necessary part of choosing.